What Are The Symptoms of Depression?
- -- Feelings of sadness that last two weeks or more
- -- Loss of enjoyment or interest in usual activities
- -- Feeling lethargic - as if daily activities are a huge effort
- -- Changes in sleep patterns (especially waking early - 3-4 am)
- -- Fatique
- -- Appetite changes - either less appetite or more
- -- Feelings of guilt and self-blame
- -- Problems concentrating
- -- Restlessness and agitation
- -- Feeling defeated with nothing to live for, having suicidal thoughts
If you suspect that you are depressed, don't wait to get help. Most
depressions will eventually lift, but that may take months. Make a call
to your family physician to discuss your concerns. He/she can assess your
mood and decide whether you are clinically depressed.
Source: Article: Stress - Depression and Fatique - "Canadian Living"
Magazine, Spring 2000
More on Depression Includes Info on Manic-Depression
Depression Support List (Shadowed)
Related Links Coming Soon
Borderline Personality Disorder
Soul's Self Help